We are seeking a Mechatronics Engineering / Production Manager to join the team.
Who we are: Eight360 is a Wellington-based VR startup that has developed a unique, world-leading immersive simulator platform called NOVA. We’re doing interesting things and pushing boundaries to make the future happen. This makes the workplace culture exciting, dynamic, and fast-moving.
What you’ll do: You will be leading the team who designs and builds the NOVA hardware and Electronics. You will manage the factory so that it produces our products including the NOVA as efficiently as possible whilst maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Leading the team through tasks required for delivery of product and R&D goals as defined by the business
- Design and fabrication of products using Cad software + Rapid prototyping where needed
- Production management, coordinating stock of long-lead parts and resources to meet deadlines
- Supply chain management, from supplier relationships to inventory levels
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Technical product design, prototyping, manufacturing, testing, and refining new products
- Creativity, technically savvy, excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to work both independently and within teams and under time constraints
- Experience communicating and dealing with overseas suppliers, factories and contract manufacturers (esp. China)
- Good organisational skills, quick learner, interested in learning new skills
- Project management, Agile methodologies (e.g. scrum, kanban), Lean manufacturing
- Experience working in a factory, manufacturing operation, or similar.
- Being the team player who brings everyone from across the business together to get the job done
Where: Our office and workshop is based in Petone, Wellington. Most of our work is conducted here. You may be occasionally required to travel and work offsite.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone who wants to join a small team and have an active part in creating something amazing.