We are seeking an Intermediate to Senior Research & Development Engineer to join our team.
Who we are: Eight360 is a Wellington-based VR startup that has developed a unique, world-leading immersive simulator platform called NOVA. We’re doing interesting things and pushing boundaries to make the future happen, and this means the workplace culture is exciting, dynamic, and fast-moving.
What you’ll do: Your role is to design, develop, and support software for NOVA platform operation within the Eight360 development team.
- Investigate and develop new technology and solutions for the NOVA.
- Planning and managing projects including supervising others.
- Work alongside other software, mechanical and electrical engineers.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Excellent problem-solving and prototyping skills (hardware + software)
- Fail-forwards mentality and ability to operate with uncertainty, willingness to take risks and try things.
- Experience with IP protection and developing patentable technology
- Experience with physics and mathematical modelling, and analytical design methodologies.
- Experience with electronics design, schematics capture, PCB layout.
- Experience with Virtual Reality technology and simulator content.
- Experience with Unity or Unreal game engines.
- Experience in modern C++, python and embedded C development
- Can leverage open-source and proprietary software to achieve goals.
- Experience with testing, TDD and automated test environments.
- Some experience with IT & DevOps.
Where: Our office and workshop is based in Petone, Wellington. Most of our work is conducted here. You may be occasionally required to travel and work offsite.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone who wants to join a small team and have an active part in creating something amazing.