We are seeking an Intermediate to Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
Who we are: Eight360 is a Wellington-based VR startup that has developed a unique, world-leading immersive simulator platform called NOVA. We’re doing interesting things and pushing boundaries to make the future happen, and this means the workplace culture is exciting, dynamic, and fast-moving.
What you’ll do: Your role is to design, develop, and support software for NOVA platform operation within the Eight360 software development team.
- Design and develop new NOVA Platform software.
- Maintain and extend existing NOVA software.
- Work alongside other software, mechanical and electrical engineers.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Communication & documentation skills.
- Participation in project and team leadership, including mentoring, recruiting, training of junior and intermediate developers.
- Proficient in modern C++14 / C++17 software development.
- Proficient in embedded C development.
- Proficient in Python 3 - including Flask application - development.
- IT experience including server deployment, network design, implementation and troubleshooting.
- Extensive DevOps experience.
- Experience with testing, TDD and automated test environments.
- Experience with the embedded Linux ecosystem.
- Can leverage open-source and proprietary software to achieve goals.
- Some experience with VR content design and implementation.
- Experience with physics and mathematical modelling.
- Experience with WebUI technologies.
- Experience with Unity or Unreal game engines.
Where: Our office and workshop is based in Petone, Wellington. Most of our work is conducted here. You may be occasionally required to travel and work offsite.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone who wants to join a small team and have an active part in creating something amazing.