We are seeking a Mechanical / Electrical Production Assembly Technician to join the team.
The details below are a wish list and we don't necessarily expect an exact match - we'd still like to hear from you!
Who we are: Eight360 is a Wellington-based VR startup that has developed a unique, world-leading immersive simulator platform called NOVA. We’re doing interesting things and pushing boundaries to make the future happen. This makes the workplace culture exciting, dynamic, and fast-moving.
What you’ll do: Your role is to work with Engineering to prepare and assemble the electronics and subsystems, and then physically assembling the NOVA product.
- Fabrication and building of subassemblies/overall assembly of the NOVA
- Reading/Understanding/Following build documents such as written guides, technical drawings and schematics
- Use of hand tools, power tools and machinery in our workshop
- Conduct quality control checks such as measuring of components
- Ensure work area and equipment are in a safe and useable condition
- Ensure health and safety of self and others in work area
- Adopt a “Fail-Forwards” mentality and embrace uncertainty, with a willingness to take calculated risks and experiment.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on fabrication and assembly experience, familiarity with range of tools and how to not injure yourself.
--Electrical assembly - hand soldering experience ideal
--Mechanical assembly with hand and power tools
- Manual dexterity and attention to detail
- Quick learner, interested in gaining new skills
- Good organisational skills / time management - able to set tasks, priorities and achieve goals.
- Experience communicating and dealing with overseas suppliers, factories and contract manufacturers (esp. China)
- Being the team player who brings everyone from across the business together to get the job done
- Interest in computers, VR, or flightsim etc.
- Certification such as electrical / machining / welding would be useful
- Ability to use Fusion 360 CAD software to view components and assemblies
- Use of inventory and goods management software e.g. Cin7, Unleashed, StockTrim
- Startup or small-company experience a plus
Where: Our office and workshop is based in Petone, Wellington. Most of our work is conducted here. You may be occasionally required to travel and work offsite.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone who wants to join a small team and have an active part in creating something amazing.