((PLEASE NOTE We are not currently hiring, but the JD below is the sort of thing we would be looking for in future... so if that sounds like you please keep an eye on our socials for the next opening announcement. Thanks))
We are seeking a Mechanical / Electrical Production Assembly Technician to join the team.
The details below are a wish list and we don't necessarily expect an exact match - we'd still like to hear from you!
Who we are: Eight360 is a Wellington-based VR startup that has developed a unique, world-leading immersive simulator platform called NOVA. We’re doing interesting things and pushing boundaries to make the future happen. This makes the workplace culture exciting, dynamic, and fast-moving.
What you’ll do: Your role is to work with Engineering to prepare and assemble the electronics and subsystems, and then physically assembling the NOVA product.
- Fabrication and building of subassemblies/overall assembly of the NOVA
- Reading/Understanding/Following build documents such as written guides, technical drawings and schematics
- Use of hand tools, power tools and machinery in our workshop
- Conduct quality control checks such as measuring of components
- Ensure work area and equipment are in a safe and useable condition
- Ensure health and safety of self and others in work area
- Adopt a “Fail-Forwards” mentality and embrace uncertainty, with a willingness to take calculated risks and experiment.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on fabrication and assembly experience, familiarity with range of tools and how to not injure yourself.
--Electrical assembly - hand soldering experience ideal
--Mechanical assembly with hand and power tools
- Manual dexterity and attention to detail
- Quick learner, interested in gaining new skills
- Good organisational skills / time management - able to set tasks, priorities and achieve goals.
- Experience communicating and dealing with overseas suppliers, factories and contract manufacturers (esp. China)
- Being the team player who brings everyone from across the business together to get the job done
- Interest in computers, VR, or flightsim etc.
- Certification such as electrical / machining / welding would be useful
- Ability to use Fusion 360 CAD software to view components and assemblies
- Use of inventory and goods management software e.g. Cin7, Unleashed, StockTrim
- Startup or small-company experience a plus
Where: Our office and workshop is based in Petone, Wellington. Most of our work is conducted here. You may be occasionally required to travel and work offsite.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for someone who wants to join a small team and have an active part in creating something amazing.